Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#25468 - 23/01/2001 11:50 Installing my empeg in a 2000 Dodge Intrepid
CHiP
enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Hello!

I just set up this page so that I can get some feedback from other people who have either set up an empeg in an Intrepid, or if you want to know more about my install in an Intrepid.

Basically, I have a 2000 Intrepid, and some questions about the install. Questions are mainly about the placement of the subs, pop removal, and the install of the unit in my dash without loosing my stock radio, tape, and 4-disc in dash changer. This page has all the info, pictures, and sound samples to support my install project.

I'm hoping to get some feedback on this project. Check it out, and let me know what you think, or if you have any suggestions or if you want to share your similar experience.

This thread can become a resource for other people with an Intrepid, dash board installs, or for install ideas in general.

Thanks.

http://steve.nac.net/empeg/install/

-CHiP

#25469 - 23/01/2001 13:59 Re: Installing my empeg in a 2000 Dodge Intrepid [Re: CHiP]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
Nice, well thought out plan. Good idea, I've done the same thing for my install, just on paper. (empeg is already in there, but i'm adding some AV stuff and some MB Quart Components). Hopefully my install will get done tonight, i'll post pictures later on. Great idea with the relay as well, i've been wondering how i was gonna do that exact thing. I'll see if i learn anything from my installer and post any info about it. I can't wait to hear my MB Quarts!!! They've been burning a hole in their box since mid December!!

|| loren.cox

#25470 - 23/01/2001 20:38 Re: Installing my empeg in a 2000 Dodge Intrepid [Re: CHiP]
gbeer
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manteca, California
For the parts you want to cut up. It might be worth a trip to the junk yard to find a duplicate part.

If it can be had cheaply, it would be worth having for prototyping the install. For that, it wouldn't have to match colors.

-- Glenn

#25471 - 07/07/2002 23:49 Re: Installing my empeg in a 2000 Dodge Intrepid [Re: CHiP]
CHiP
enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey, USA
For anyone interested, i've finished 99% of my Dodge Intrepid install, just go here for photos and a quick description of what i did. It has a lot of junk from last winter, and shows how some of my ideas didn't actually work out the way i thought:

http://steve.nac.net/empeg/install/