Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#255223 - 20/05/2005 16:21 Re: The official Hitchhiker's Movie thread (possible spoilers). [Re: boxer]
ashmoore
addict

Loc: TX
I saw it yesterday at an Alamo Drafthouse
The first 30-40 minutes were, wow this is pretty good, maybe the missing some of the best humor but maybe it will be replaced by something else.
As soon as the vogons reappeared for no apparent reason, it started to go downhill for me (and SWMBO)
The movie jumped around just like the books and the TV series, but at least the old stuff kept it together. The movie still jumped but it didn't have enough of anything else to still hang together.
Utilmately they seems to lose the soul of the radio/tv/books while keeping faithful to the parts that didn't really matter.
The whole trillian/vogon thing was a complete waste of time. Vogons are supposed to be so tied up in paperwork that they get almost nothing done, when did they become the galactic police. But I suppose they couldn't waste all those cool costumes

I could even have lived without the whale, just to get some more soul to movie.

The final nail in the coffin is the "other end of the universe" gag which totally missed the point to the restaurant name.
It just left us with a Duh! at the end.

Oh well.....

#255224 - 20/05/2005 17:11 Re: The official Hitchhiker's Movie thread (possible spoilers). [Re: ashmoore]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Okay, you've got a point about the restaurant thing. That bugged me, too.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4