Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#255317 - 01/05/2005 15:42 Alternate display layout
josi_ok
stranger

I've been playing around with the display configuration. I didn't realize how tough it would be to get useful and readable information in a 64x128 display!
Anyhow, I really wanted to get artist and album info displayed full time, preferably without scrolling. Also, I swapped the 'location' and 'queue' labels, so the queue position is more prominent (between 'play' icon and 'track time').

Anyway, try it if you like. Just stop the trio process, place the following 'layout-set' snippet into the 'layout-sets' section, and restart trio. Then go into the 'Player Settings/Layout' menu and select 'complete'.

Paul- Is it possible to break up the 'ARTIST - TITLE' in the RADIO mode into separate fields? I'd like to lay it out similar to the QnP mode. Thanks again for the great program and support on this BBS.

<!-- ** BEGIN 'complete' LAYOUT ***************************** -->

<layout-set name="complete" title="complete layout - displays artist and album">
<layout mode="*">
<field type="banner" value="[tune-name]" row="2" col="0" width="128" height="12" font-name="lucida sans" font-size="12" font-bold="true" align="left"/>
<field type="label" value="[artist-name]" row="16" col="2" width="126" height="11" font-name="lucida sans" font-size="9" font-italic="false"/>
<field type="label" value="[album-name]" row="26" col="2" width="126" height="11" font-name="lucida sans" font-size="9" font-italic="false"/>
<field type="line" row="38" col="0" width="128" height="1"/>
<field type="icon" value="[play-icon]" row="41" col="0" width="16" height="16"/>
<field type="label" value="[queue-level]" row="41" col="17" width="52" height="16" font-name="lucida typewriter" font-size="10" font-bold="true" align="left"/>
<field type="label" value="[play-time]" row="37" col="65" width="64" height="23" font-name="lucida typewriter" font-size="21" font-bold="true" align="right"/>
<field type="icon" value="[mode-icon]" row="56" col="0" width="27" height="7" font-name="lucida sans" font-size="8" font-italic="false" align="left"/>
<field type="icon" value="[repeat-icon]" row="56" col="32" width="18" height="7"/>
<field type="icon" value="[random-icon]" row="56" col="55" width="30" height="7"/>
<field type="label" value="[listening-to]" row="57" col="88" width="30" height="7" font-name="lucida sans" font-size="7" font-italic="false" align="right"/>
</layout>
<layout mode="radio">
<field type="banner" value="[tune-name]" row="2" col="0" width="128" height="14" font-name="lucida sans" font-size="12" font-bold="true" align="left"/>
<field type="banner" value="[tune-info]" row="18" col="0" width="128" height="11" font-name="lucida sans" font-size="9" font-italic="false"/>
<field type="line" row="33" col="0" width="128" height="1"/>
<field type="icon" value="[play-icon]" row="37" col="0" width="16" height="16"/>
<field type="label" value="[listening-to]" row="40" col="22" width="88" height="10" font-name="lucida sans" font-size="8" font-italic="false" align="left"/>
<field type="icon" value="[mode-icon]" row="57" col="0" width="27" height="7" font-name="lucida sans" font-size="7" font-italic="false" align="left"/>
</layout>
</layout-set>

<!-- ** END 'complete' LAYOUT ***************************** -->

#255318 - 02/05/2005 09:04 Re: Alternate display layout [Re: josi_ok]
Jerz
addict

Loc: Jesusland
Thanks! I just loaded it and I will definately be using it for now on. Having the artist and alblum on separate lines does makes it easier to read.

Jerz

#255319 - 02/06/2005 14:45 Re: Alternate display layout [Re: josi_ok]
pauln
enthusiast

Loc: UK
I'm going to build the new layout into v017. Please PM me with you email address and I'll send you the "ARTIST - TITLE" change to test out and build into your layout definition.

Cheers
Paul