Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#256339 - 07/06/2005 14:40 Re: Next-Gen [Re: Dignan]
Tim
veteran

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
Yes, many of us could buy this and never buy a single Revolution game (though there will be, of course, Zelda and Mario to purchase). But I think that these days the younger folk have no interest in playing games from 1996, let alone 1986. Of course, these are the same gamers who will want the other fancier consoles. So Nintendo will have to really bank on their innovation for this to catch on. My fingers are crossed.

One of the side benefits of this (that I think is underestimated), is that it could very well sell consoles. If it pushes consoles out the door, then it will most likely be easier for them to get more developers for the Revolution. More developers which means a bigger library, which could sell more consoles. Kind of like what Sony did with the PS1.

- Tim

#256340 - 07/06/2005 18:06 Re: Next-Gen [Re: tman]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Trevor, my man, you win

DAMN!

I will point out that I covered my ass: "Again, it's very early, and given that you have to pay $20 for the GBA version of Super Mario Bros 1, I wouldn't be suprised if they changed their minds."

Given their statements now, I've become as pessimistic as I was hopeful. I can see them charging at least $8 to $12 for SNES games, for example, probably more for N64 and less for NES. And it looks like they plan on selling one at a time aside from promotions. Again: damn.

#256341 - 07/06/2005 19:29 Re: Next-Gen [Re: Dignan]
tman
carpal tunnel

Quote:
Given their statements now, I've become as pessimistic as I was hopeful. I can see them charging at least $8 to $12 for SNES games, for example, probably more for N64 and less for NES. And it looks like they plan on selling one at a time aside from promotions. Again: damn.

That does suck. It can't be good PR for Nintendo though. I thought it was pretty much official that they were going to be free? Thats the impression I've gotten from reading all the articles. The quote is attributed to the NoA VP after all. From a very bad machine translation it basically says that the rumour on the Internet about free games under emulation isn't true.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2