Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#266950 - 10/10/2005 16:23 here's a weird one... creating a playlist offline?
Daria
carpal tunnel

Loc: Providence, RI
Let's say i have a list of artist:title that i want to make a playlist from. I can use a CSV of tracks to pull fids, but then what?

#266951 - 10/10/2005 18:00 Re: here's a weird one... creating a playlist offline? [Re: Daria]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
1. Find out what the next available fid number is. You've got a sortable list of them now, right, so that should be easy.

2. Create your new fid files using that number. There's a 0 file and a 1 file for each fid of course.

3. Inside one of the two fid files put the ASCII data such as the name of the fid (look at another example of a fid file to see the format). I forget if this is the 0 file or the 1 file, but you'll see when you look at one of the examples.

4. Inside the other fid file put a list of what sub-fids (playlists and/or songs) you want your new playlist to contain. Again, look at your examples for the format and to determine whether it's the 0 or the 1 file.

5. Whatever playlist you want this new playlist contained in, then you have to snag that fid and add your fid to its list.

6. Put your two files and the one altered parent fid back onto the player.

7. Force a manual database rebuild.

I think that's all. Anyone got any corrections?

#266952 - 10/10/2005 18:42 Re: here's a weird one... creating a playlist offline? [Re: tfabris]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
Quote:
Anyone got any corrections?

Only clarifications: the text goes in the *1 file: look at another playlist's *1 file for an example, but you must include the "type=playlist" line. In the *0 file goes a binary array of 32-bit fid numbers, such that if you do "od -t x4 <your 0 file>" you see the correct fids. The same goes for your chosen parent playlist's *0 file in step 5.

Peter

#266953 - 10/10/2005 19:27 Re: here's a weird one... creating a playlist offline? [Re: peter]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
...but you must include the "type=playlist" line.

And the "length=" line. See this page on my website for other relevant information.

#266954 - 10/10/2005 20:06 Re: here's a weird one... creating a playlist offline? [Re: Roger]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Cool.

Another clarification: These are unix files, so in the case of the ASCII data, each line is terminated with a linefeed only, not a linefeed and a carriage return (i.e., don't use notepad to edit the files).