Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#272462 - 22/12/2005 11:55 Re: I would be George Clooney's sex slave. [Re: jimhogan]
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Loc: NH USA
Jim,
I understand your points. I guess I don't find movies as magical as other activities in my life. Live theatre yes, but movies no.

Quote:

I watched "Motorcycle Diaries" at home from DVD on Sunday evening. I enjoyed it, but, boy-oh-boy, I wish I had gotten my shit together to see it in a proper theater.

If they released to DVD/on-demand/theatres simultaneously you could have gone to the theatre to see it.

See the attached picture (taken in October this year) of something I think was magical. I could never have imagined the shapes that ice could take until I saw this at the end of a 4500' 4 mile climb.

I guess I don't share your fear that theatres will disappear, I think there are more people like you than like me.

Quote:
I can say that I have never camped out on a sidewalk in *any* sort of costume waiting to be the first in line for tickets to a sequelized movie.

I was talking more about the line of conversation about which super-DVD-remastered-gold-version-extra footage-extended-remix-box-set type releases that get the rabid fans worked up enough to fork over $$ for movies they probably already own. I didn't mean to imply that you didn't do any of those other things, not at all!

Quote:

Quote:

ps: The popcorn comment made it seem like it's about the money, it's not. It's about the hassle.

For me, it's about the money. Buying 8-dollar popcorn isn't much hassle. If you're rich!

I meant the hassle of a)getting in car b)fighting traffic c)finding parking d)standing on line to buy ticket e)finding seat f)not being comfortable in same g)having the Est experience during an enthralling 3 hour movie h)having my seat kicked all the while, not the hassle of buying the popcorn. (Which would come between d & e or g & h.)

I think we'll agree to disagree on this one. Time will tell what the market does.

Best,
-Zeke

Attachments
272838-CRW_6144_edited-1_small.jpg (150 downloads)

#272463 - 22/12/2005 14:21 Re: I would be George Clooney's sex slave. [Re: Ezekiel]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
I could never have imagined the shapes that ice could take until I saw this at the end of a 4500' 4 mile climb.

(aside) Whoa. Nice pictures.

#272464 - 22/12/2005 15:01 Re: I would be George Clooney's sex slave. [Re: Roger]
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Loc: NH USA
Thanks. There's a few more here if you're interested. It was Mt. Adams in northern New Hampshire. The picture of the big mountain in the distance is Mt. Washington. The guy in this photo is me.

-Zeke

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2