Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#27430 - 28/02/2001 06:15 Playlist on the fly!
Squid2k1

Loc: Ocean Floor
I am assuming this is not already a feature (if it is then I am not using my EMPEG to its fullest :( )as I have not seen it and I did a search on it for Wish List but did not find it.

It would be nice to be able to push a remote control button that adds the current song to a Favorites playlist. That way I can add songs I really like to it, or songs that sound like they have problems and I need to check out when I get home.

So just as there is Unattached Items playlist, there would be a built-in Favorites playlist that gets added to on the fly. :)

Squid2k1
---
18GB of Green Mk II Fury - Fast As A Shark

#27431 - 28/02/2001 10:16 Re: Playlist on the fly! [Re: Squid2k1]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
There's a "Mark" button on the Rio remotes, which will be supported in v1.1 (IIRC, 7 does the same on the Kenwood). We intended it to be used for marking badly ripped tracks.

You can search for these when you get home and run up emplode. Then you can either replace them, or use them to create a new playlist.

This is why there's a "Replace Tune" feature in v1.1...

For generating lists of stuff you like, there's no way to do this properly on the fly - the disk is read-only, so the player has nowhere to save it, should you yank the power.

Roger - not necessarily speaking for empeg

#27432 - 28/02/2001 10:20 Re: Playlist on the fly! [Re: Roger]
synergy
enthusiast

There's a "Mark" button on the Rio remotes, which will be supported in v1.1 (IIRC, 7 does the same on the Kenwood). We intended it to be used for marking badly ripped tracks.
You can search for these when you get home and run up emplode. Then you can either replace them, or use them to create a new playlist.
For generating lists of stuff you like, there's no way to do this properly on the fly - the disk is read-only, so the player has nowhere to save it, should you yank the power.

Just curious on this... How are you marking the tracks if the disk is mounted RO? Separate RW partition, or NVRAM?

#27433 - 01/03/2001 03:31 Re: Playlist on the fly! [Re: synergy]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Separate RW partition - the one used for the other dynamic data. We could potentially use a chunk of it for storing dynamically chosen playlists, I suppose. But it probably won't be in v1.1, though.

Roger - not necessarily speaking for empeg

#27434 - 01/03/2001 09:11 Re: Playlist on the fly! [Re: Roger]
synergy
enthusiast

Separate RW partition - the one used for the other dynamic data. We could potentially use a chunk of it for storing dynamically chosen playlists, I suppose. But it probably won't be in v1.1, though.

That's cool... I'm definitely all for it being in a later release, so we can get 1.1 sooner. Assuming that the 'MARK' function isn't severly limited in the number of marked tracks at once, I can definitely deal with it. And look forward to it. I'm still finding those older MP3's I ripped before learning of Cd-paranoia... Snap, Crackle, Pop.