Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#279311 - 09/04/2006 15:33 empec car mark I some troubles / questions
raf
new poster

hello!
i now have a empeg car mark I and i have some questions:

1.) it has a built-in tuner witch has a strange behaviour! sometimes it losts the signal from one second to another and then the signal strenght comes back! does anyone know that problem? maybe something wrong with the antenna-cable? don't know how to describe it better sorry...

2.) i have the car1 consumer image 2.0 installed and i'm missing one special feature - with an older image the player continued the song played before turn off the car's engine! now it starts "from scratch" so i have to select the song again! how can i change this so that the player continues playing the song?

sorry for my questions but i'm new on it...

thanx for any help!
regards,
raphael

#279312 - 09/04/2006 16:51 Re: empec car mark I some troubles / questions [Re: raf]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The Mark 1's radio tuner wasn't particularly great at picking up stations. You might need an antenna signal booster. The Mk1 units actually shipped with one, is it installed? It would be a silver cylinder with antenna plugs and power wires.

The second problem indicates a malfunction or wiring error of some kind. Either that, or a hard disk problem. Also check out this and this FAQ entry.

#279313 - 10/04/2006 08:31 Re: empec car mark I some troubles / questions [Re: tfabris]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
I have original antenna amplifiers. I'm in NL this week if you'd like me to have a look at your install and bring an amp along with me.

You also need to check if your antenna is a powered type, instead of a conventional passive one - what car do you have, and is the antenna short or long?
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#279314 - 11/04/2006 05:56 Re: empec car mark I some troubles / questions [Re: schofiel]
raf
new poster

Hello!

First of all THANX to all of you for your help!

@schofiel: i live in austria - not in NL sounds nice that you would take a look at my installation but I think the distance is too long

regards,
raphael

#279315 - 11/04/2006 07:17 Re: empec car mark I some troubles / questions [Re: raf]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
Ha! Sorry. It was a guess - a name like Raf, I thought you were Dutch. Not to worry, still have the amplifiers, but I would check your antenna itself.
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015