Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#281449 - 15/05/2006 11:54 Honeymoon Cruise
russmeister
enthusiast

Loc: South Carolina
If you remember this thread, it's time for me to tie the knot. Saturday, May 20th is the big day, and we are heading out on a cruise for 5 days to the Bahamas. I've been browsing around at some of the shore excursions and I'm wondering what is best.

Are there any recommendations as to what shore excursions I must do and what I must stay away from? I'm open to any ideas. I've never been on a cruise before (she has) and she's never done any shore excursions.

If you guys have any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

#281450 - 15/05/2006 12:24 Re: Honeymoon Cruise [Re: russmeister]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
Quote:
If you guys have any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

When I was there visiting a friend, by far the coolest thing I did was go on a day's organised speedboat trip. The boat was unbelievable, four massive outboard motors the size of prize bulls, 250HP each, forty miles an hour. Over slightly choppy sea in a small boat, that's faster than it sounds. "Sit in the back, slightly calmer", explained the skipper, "In the front -- rodeo section". (About five of us braved "rodeo section" on the way out, but on the way back it was just me .) We ended up on a tiny remote island, where a splendid barbecued lunch was laid out, with no shortage of rum-based cocktails. Afterwards we went snorkelling along the bay: "If you want to see sharks, stick with me," said the instructor, "If you don't want to see sharks, stick with me and keep your eyes shut". And there was a shark too, a nurse shark, six or eight feet of it and moving like nothing else in the world. Then we fed some slightly tame stingrays: actually fed them bits of fish out of hand, bending down in a foot or so of water as the stingrays nuzzled up against our legs like slippery five-foot-wide deadly poisonous little kittens. Then there was the shark-wrestling.

Utterly, wholeheartedly recommended.

Another thing not to miss is the staggering, if not wholly uncheesy, opulence of the Atlantis Beach Resort, much of which is open to the public to come in and gawp at.

Peter

#281451 - 15/05/2006 17:29 Re: Honeymoon Cruise [Re: russmeister]
Mataglap
enthusiast

Miss Emily's Blue Bee Bar!