Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#282064 - 30/05/2006 12:07 Re: JJ [Re: JeffS]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
I hope JJ & crew have a really good idea where the show is going. There have already been a couple of questionable episodes here and there, but nothing X-Bad. The other thing to hope for is that the creative minds keeping things on track don't get bored when side-lining on other projects. If you'd like to see how bad this can make a show, look at Alias. Easily one of the worst shows on TV this past season (ok, it wasn't as bad as Threshold). In 13 short episodes they managed to undo anything positive about the past 4 seasons as well as create more plot flaws and character flaws than pretty much every other show on TV combined.

Every now and then I find out about some random plot point or episode theme for Lost. It doesn't bother me and I certainly don't go looking for it. I'd rather keep the show "in the box." They're definitely taking some notes from Twin Peaks, but it'll never be the same calibre of work.

Bruno

#282065 - 30/05/2006 22:14 Re: JJ [Re: JeffS]
Taym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Roma, Italy
Quote:
Quote:
Ok. Now, that is cruel.

I think it's cool that they have some idea of where they're going rather than just making up stuff as they go. Or at least, the overarching plot of the island anyway. If I remember correctly, the interpersonal stuff is kind of just writing itself, which I think is as it should be.

I completely agree. I found "cruel" that they made us wait so long to finally "know everything", but I was just kidding. Of course, knowing where the show is going allows them to pace it properly, keep it consistent, avoid plot flaws, which are the strong points of Lost, so far, IMO. Poor pacing and inconsistency can turn an excellent film into a disaster very easily. So far, I have to say that I can only compliment JJ for his excellent job and his... "cruelty" .
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2