Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#282640 - 14/06/2006 01:19 Re: Who's gonna win? Blu-ray or HD-DVD? [Re: FireFox31]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
That's pretty much what I'm thinking too, except I fear the heaps of DRM that will accompany future (and current) download services. That, and the exorbitant prices they'll try to force on us.

With any luck their tactics will be met with a lack of sales due to Mr AC's frustration with his product, and an eventual comprimise will be made. You know, like the digital form of the Satan-inspired sticker of eternal frustration that is put on every CD and DVD to thwart old-school media theifs. I don't really understand that anymore1. How rampant is shoplifting these days that we still have those damn stickers?

#307630 - 25/02/2008 14:59 Re: Who's gonna win? Blu-ray or HD-DVD? [Re: tfabris]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
*BUMP*

Just so folks can look back at what they wrote a year and a half ago. Now that Blu-Ray has come out as the clear winner, It's interesting to see what the high-def disc format wars looked like to us back then.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2