Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#289381 - 06/11/2006 17:54 Boot Logos???
bodybag
addict

Loc: Southern California
I just switched from the regular player I've been using for a few years to a new one. The "old " player had a boot logo that said Empeg and had the peguin waving, then my custom boot logo.

The new player has what kinda looks like a fireworks show that tranforms into "empeg" outlined, then becomes solid and flashes. After that my boot logo I sent to the player shows up, but only for a split second then dissapears.

My question is twofold: first, how do I get the player to go back to the "old" Empeg pegiun thing, second, how do I get my custom logo to show up longer?

Ok, maybe I had 3 questions... is there a way to eliminate the empeg boot sequence altogether and only show my boot logo?

#289382 - 06/11/2006 18:58 Re: Boot Logos??? [Re: bodybag]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The fireworks are because (a) the player is running the hijack kernel, and (b) a custom boot animation has been stored in the player's flash RAM.

FAQ entry on what controls the boot up logo sequences.

FAQ entry on how to change the custom animated boot logo.

Note that the original factory boot animations exist in the boot logos section of riocar.org . You can drop those into Jemplode's animation editor so that the player plays the original factory boot animation even when you're running the hijack kernel.

#289383 - 06/11/2006 19:45 Re: Boot Logos??? [Re: tfabris]
bodybag
addict

Loc: Southern California
Ah yes.. the ol' FAQ. Someday I'll think of that first.