Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#289815 - 15/11/2006 18:28 Help Needed! Couldn't find Pump error.
Ladmo
addict

Loc: Oklahoma
MKIIA
Windoz XP Pro

I started getting the No Hard Drive Found-Contact Support message and figured I had a hosed drive. I checked the header and connections. I then tried to re initalize (format?) the drive.
I get the following error.

Error "Couldn't find pump" occurred during stage 0x22

I have tried three drives. They are all fairly small from 12 to 20 gig.

I can then put the developer software back on but get the same No Drive Found as originally was.
Anyone care to tell me what I'm doing wrong? Suggestions? or is the player ready for the bin.
Thanks!

PS This is at the end of the HiJack log after I reinstalled the empeg software and Hijack kernal:

empeg-flash driver initialized
smc chip id/revision 0x0049
smc_init couldn't find card
RAMDISK: ext2 filesystem found at block 0
RAMDISK: Loading 320 blocks [1 disk] into ram disk... done.
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
empeg-pump v0.03 (19980601)
Press Ctrl-A to enter pump...

Edited by Ladmo (15/11/2006 18:52)

#289816 - 18/11/2006 11:20 Re: Help Needed! Couldn't find Pump error. [Re: Ladmo]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
When you load the builder firmware, make sure that the empeg is unplugged until the loader is actually attempting to contact the player. There is only a very short window where you can reach the firmware installer.

Another item is that your log shows an "smc_init couldn't find card". I am not sure if that is normal or not off hand...

#289817 - 19/11/2006 16:26 Re: Help Needed! Couldn't find Pump error. [Re: Ladmo]
Robotic
pooh-bah

Loc: Seattle transplant
Quote:
Suggestions? or is the player ready for the bin.
Thanks!

Don't bin the player!
Don't give up!
In the worst case scenario you could send it for a thorough check out.
The repair gurus have loads of test equipment and expertise.

#289818 - 22/11/2006 03:12 Re: Help Needed! Couldn't find Pump error. [Re: Robotic]
Ladmo
addict

Loc: Oklahoma
Well, I've had one of my players that is so screwed up that it has been in repair for almost three years. Of course, in fairness, the person trying to repair it now, it trying to fix at least two other peoples 'work' on this player (no, it was before I got it).
I still have my main player untill it goes bellybutton up. So I can keep plugging away at the back up player. I would like to send the 'troubled' back up player to Eutronix, however, it will have to wait a while, as snice I am unemployed, things like feeding the family and the house payment come first.