Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#29398 - 20/04/2001 19:34 Re: what is the deal with these faceplates? [Re: altman]
carrera84
stranger

Loc: NC, USA
(ie, in the range 57-63v). If it's any less, the display will be dimmer than it should be. Some of the displays we had back were in the range 12-25v.

Thanks very much, Hugo. I really appreciate you being so open about this issue. Alas, my voltage sits happily at 60.3 volts. Is there anything else to check? I swear it's hard to read. When driving to lunch yesterday a friend and I were playing a game of "Can you tell when the display is on?" as I rotated through the info options. One clue that I had is that it is sensitive to the input voltage. I was running it off a lab supply from 11 to 15.5V. Sadly, I didn't write down what the display voltage range was. In my office, I run it at 15.5V and I can read the display even with sun streaming in through the slightly tinted window. Any ideas?

P.S. I really enjoyed cracking the lid of this sweet little box. It's so well designed and built! Somewhere I've seen a picture where the sides were bent wide to defeat the interlocking top/front tabs on either side. Sacrilege! A little gentle coaxing will allow the side tabs to slip between the top plate and its tabs closest to the display. No ugly bends to interfere with the docking sled.

-jim 080000260 w/18G in a Carrera

#29399 - 21/04/2001 12:11 Re: what is the deal with these faceplates? [Re: carrera84]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
It's not very voltage specific until you get very low (ie, below 10v input).

The fact you can read it inside (with sunlight) and not outside sounds like the dimmer is turned down, but I suspect you've tried that already...

What faceplate do you have? Green is the brightest, as it is closest to the spectrum emitted by the VFD.
Hugo

#29400 - 24/04/2001 04:57 Re: what is the deal with these faceplates? [Re: rob]
danthep
enthusiast

Loc: new zealand
Rob Voisey wrote:

> > the orange is green (baby puke green)
>We don't sell an orange faceplate, but we do sell amber, and it is amber not green.

Yep, and it matches the amber in my 85 Subaru perfectly. Looks a treat!

Anyone hooked up their empeg to an alarm with dual stage sensors so that the empeg plays at full volume an MP3 saying 'LEAVE MY CAR ALONE' when the first stage is triggered?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2