Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#298912 - 03/06/2007 11:51 ~ All Settings Lost message
edsmiata
addict

Loc: New Jersey
Started the car yesterday and as the RioCar was booting the message All Settings Lost was on the display until the boot-up was complete. Thus, all of my settings such as volume, loudness...etc. were all reset to zero.

I have never seen this before or read about it so i was wondering if anybody else had the same problem at one time or another.

thanks,

Ed

#298913 - 03/06/2007 13:01 Re: ~ All Settings Lost message [Re: edsmiata]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Started the car yesterday and as the RioCar was booting the message All Settings Lost was on the display until the boot-up was complete. Thus, all of my settings such as volume, loudness...etc. were all reset to zero.

I've seen it periodically, mostly with the v3alpha software. Originally I was confused by what was happening (mis-set volume etc..), so I added the code to Hijack to detect when the flash settings were lost, and display that message.

It basically means this: you yanked the player (or abruptly cut the power) while it was busy, probably with the disk spinning, and it ran out of capacitor juice before it could finish dumping the current settings to the savearea in flash memory. AND this coincided with with the lucky "one chance in 64" that the savearea fifo had to be flash-erased.

If you see it more often than once every 64 reboots, then something else is wrong.

Cheers

Edited by mlord (03/06/2007 13:02)

#298914 - 03/06/2007 15:12 Re: ~ All Settings Lost message [Re: mlord]
edsmiata
addict

Loc: New Jersey
Thanks for the feedback....what is most interesting i think is that this message has been programmed into the player, otherwise one would just have to figure out that the settings have been reset...thus...the programmers did anticipate that such an event could happen

ooops...didnt realize that you had programmed that into hijak....my appologies!

Edited by edsmiata (03/06/2007 15:25)

#298915 - 03/06/2007 15:14 Re: ~ All Settings Lost message [Re: edsmiata]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
It wasn't programmed into the player, Mark said "I added the code to Hijack to detect when the flash settings were lost, and display that message". So it was Mark that added the message, it wasn't in the original empeg code.