Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#309074 - 13/04/2008 17:43 Simple solution to Rio's that won't connect;
darkminstrel
new poster

Loc: The Land of PBR and Roses
DD-WRT

It's a replacement OS for many routers that are on the market. Most noteably is the ability to change a port in the router from auto-sensing 10/100 full duplex to a bone stock 10base-T port with just a few clicks of your mouse. I argued with both my Receivers for weeks, going through every post in this section untill I upgraded my router to this OS. 2 minutes after I had functioning Rio's. Nice eh?

I used it on my Motorola WRT54-G and it worked like a charm.

Warning; it's not for the novice! Try at your own risk, etc etc.

#309076 - 13/04/2008 19:38 Re: Simple solution to Rio's that won't connect; [Re: darkminstrel]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Although we've discussed DD-WRT here in the forums before, I hadn't thought about how it could be used to solve that particular problem.

I'm going to add that to the empeg car FAQ (since it has the same ethernet issues and the same troubleshooting steps).

#309087 - 14/04/2008 05:43 Re: Simple solution to Rio's that won't connect; [Re: tfabris]
darkminstrel
new poster

Loc: The Land of PBR and Roses
It's great actually, I wish I had found it before wasting money trying to find *just* the right hub to bypass the ethernet issue. It's been awesome so far!