Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#31225 - 16/05/2001 15:47 Where can I buy a docking cage
Sevenger
journeyman

Loc: Hamburg/Germany
I just want to know where I can buy a extra docking cage for my empeg?
I think that the store has been closed.
Can I order it on the Rio Homepage?

#31226 - 17/05/2001 11:47 Re: Where can I buy a docking cage [Re: Sevenger]
kazama
enthusiast

Loc: Boston, MA
This is what I have found out having the same problem.

The cages are not on the web store and you can not buy new ones through any other mechanism. SonicBlue is aware of the problem and is "awaiting stock" before they put them in the web store. So all we can do is either wait or buy another empeg to get a new cage.

#31227 - 21/05/2001 03:55 Re: Where can I buy a docking cage [Re: kazama]
Ionic
journeyman

Loc: Frankfurt, Germany
I also need an new docking cage; my car stereo installers broke the connector while installing the handsfree car phone...

now what to do? I can hardly wait until "rio gets his europeen shop open"... :-(...

Rob? Time?? How to proceed in ordering a docking cage for Germany???
Thanks, ybe
Frank

Mk2 40GB #090000592

#31228 - 21/05/2001 05:01 Re: Where can I buy a docking cage [Re: Ionic]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
We don't have any more car mounts here in the UK, I suggest you hassle Rio marketing to get the European store sorted as quickly as possible.

How is the connector broken? We may be able to handle this as a servicing issue.

Rob

#31229 - 21/05/2001 06:10 Re: Where can I buy a docking cage [Re: rob]
silvercas

In reply to:

We don't have any more car mounts here in the UK, I suggest you hassle Rio marketing to get the European store sorted as quickly as possible.

uh oh there goes my personalized service I paid for when I bought from empeg... hmm seems like software support, when getting thrown from compaq to microsoft.

#31230 - 21/05/2001 06:39 Re: Where can I buy a docking cage [Re: silvercas]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
It can't get much more personal than this - if you have a support problem you can hassle me; if you have a marketing problem you can hassle TimE. So, you have direct access to the empeg operations manager and the Rio product manager. As it happens you also have direct access to the director of engineering (linux appliances), the lead programmer, most of the development team and the customer service team leader. Indirectly your email and BBS feedback also gets seen by more people at operational and executive levels than you might expect.

The international sales situation is a huge pain and everyone in the product group are motivated to get products into the Rio UK store as quickly as possible. We had a lot worse delays than this when we were empeg, but it is more frustrating to have taken an apparant step backward in this respect. On the other hand, when our online sales and dealer networks are up to speed the product will have a better sales infrastructure than ever before.

Rob

#31231 - 22/05/2001 00:38 Re: Where can I buy a docking cage [Re: rob]
Ionic
journeyman

Loc: Frankfurt, Germany
Thanks Rob, just received mails from Rio, perhaps they try to serve their customers as well as empeg did

I'll have a talk to my car installer today, then they have to decide whether they can fix the wiring loom at the connector or not; otherwise Rio support said they will exchange the whole connector.
Well, I'm surprised about SUCH a fast respond...

Yours,
Frank

Mk2 40GB #090000592