Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#308716 - 30/03/2008 14:38 FS: RioCar/Empeg 2
awetmore
new poster

Loc: seattle, wa
I own two RioCars/EMPEG2's but we aren't using either of them anymore.

One has a single 40gb (I think, it might be as small as 30gb or as large as 60gb) disk. This unit has a remote and a scratch on the plexiglass.

The other has a pair of disks and at least one of them is starting to die, sometimes the unit doesn't power up. It's plexiglass is clean.

The wiring harness for each has been modified to remove the serial connection. This made it much easier to fit them into the dash of our VW's. I can include original pins are included if you want to put the full connector back together. I used the units on the aux input to a Pioneer car stereo that already had a good FM tuner.

I'd like to get $175 for the unit with the working disk and remote and $125 for the unit with the faulty disks and no remote. The units should fit into a USPS Priority Mail box and I'm willing to ship in the US. I'm posting here because I want to make sure that they go to good homes and people who know what to expect with a Riocar. Both are sold as is.

Email is the best way to reach me, alex (at) phred (dot) org.

alex

#313095 - 19/08/2008 13:17 Re: FS: RioCar/Empeg 2 [Re: awetmore]
awetmore
new poster

Loc: seattle, wa
The two strongly interested buyers who contacted me about this both disappeared when it came time to actually buy them.

These units are still for sale. Please contact me by email (address in the original ad) if you have questions or would like to buy them.

Here are some photos.

The bottom one is the unit with the scratch. The top one has no scratch, but the hard disk may need to be replaced (sometimes it doesn't like to power on, especially if cold):

Everything that I have. Avocado not included:

Both have had the sled wiring simplified to be installed as an aux input to another car stereo. This shows the modified version. If you click on my profile and look at other posts you can see the thread where I asked about doing this. All of the original wiring is included.

I think my pricing is lower than average, but feel free to make offers if you disagree. If you buy both units I'll cover the shipping.

alex

#313130 - 21/08/2008 17:29 Re: FS: RioCar/Empeg 2 [Re: awetmore]
riocurb
new poster

Loc: sacramento ca.
do you still have the units?

#313362 - 30/08/2008 21:00 Re: FS: RioCar/Empeg 2 [Re: riocurb]
myke
new poster

Loc: FLORIDA
yeah, still gottem??