Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#321406 - 14/04/2009 14:46 What No Red Dwarf Thread ???
Cris
pooh-bah

Loc: Leeds, UK
I would have thought at least someone would have started a thread about the new Red Dwarf episodes shown on Dave this last weekend.

What did everyone think?

I thought the jokes were a bit lacking, I recorded a few episodes from previous series and found myself laughing, something that was lacking from these 3 new episodes.

I wonder if they will all come back for a "proper" series, I hope they do smile

Cheers

Cris.

#321416 - 14/04/2009 20:40 Re: What No Red Dwarf Thread ??? [Re: Cris]
andym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manchester UK
I did all my ranting on Facebook.

The Blade Runner and League of Gentleman's Apocalypse rip off references struck me as the actions of a desperate writer. The thing that really pissed me off was actually the fan's reaction. I read a couple of posts on the official Red Dwarf fan site and the feeling was that if you didn't think those episodes were the best TV programmes ever made you were wrong and an idiot. Fans like that do a franchise no good.

Everything after Series VI has been rubbish. It's become quite apparent to me that Doug Naylor cannot write Red Dwarf without Rob Grant.

I would love dearly to see another series made, but I think it would be worse than series 7 and 8 were. I also think the actors are getting a little too long in the tooth. Much in the same way I'd love to see a 3rd series of Spaced but Pegg and Stevenson have decided they're too old to make it true to the other two.

At least I have my DVD's of series 1 to 6 to remember a great show by.

Andy M