Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#323269 - 13/06/2009 03:52 I have deleted 2000 songs by mistake...yes I am an idiot - please help
nickybee
new poster

ok so I wasn't paying attention (that's what I get for reinstalling my girlfriends laptop while watching a movie while answering emails while redoing empeg playlists...

anyway - I deleted an old playlist in Emplode (that as it happens had ALL the songs in the player on it ;)) - I saw the dialog box popup saying "This will not affect tracks but just playlists etc" but I ticked the little box anyway (which actually removes the tracks.

Duh.

I realised my error after a minute as I looked back at the screen and saw that a bunch of songs names scrolling along while the empeg happily hummed away...

There goes half my music collection.

So here's the rub - anyone know how to recover this (or at least try to). At this point I don't care about the ID3 tags or original file names - I just want the songs back...

I don't have a linux box handy but I took the drive out of the empeg and mounted it on windows with Ext2FS - worked fine but unfortunately the file recovery stuff doesn't work the same way as windows file recovery does...R-Linux found a whole bunch of files but they were not the deleted ones...

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks

Nick

#323272 - 13/06/2009 11:24 Re: I have deleted 2000 songs by mistake...yes I am an idiot - please help [Re: nickybee]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
They're toast. Move on.