Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#32468 - 09/06/2001 14:22 6.5 components for sale, great price and sound
rockstar
enthusiast

i have a set of jl 6.5/tweets for sale, they were used about 2 months, in my gti. I went to have them installed today and after talkign with the installer, i decided to buy some 5.25 becuase they fit the m3 better, and the others would have required a fair amt of cutting.
anyway, they are vr series,
tweet, woofer, crossover.. IMMACULATE

$200 obo

these are dropins for factory vw, gmc and more,if you are wondering, and they sound pehenomenal.. i actually think the vr sound better then the model up.. great midbass, which is what i was going for with my components.. I don't like the 5.25's i just bought, but i am stuck now, so oh well. 6.5 just sound so much better , now i need the stealthboxes

here is a pic and some specs

http://www.digitalinterplay.com/ebay/1.jpg (same as attachment)

from jl
================

The VR component tweeter is a masterpiece of miniaturization and precision German manufacture. The tiny 3/4-inch (19mm) silk dome is ferrofluid cooled and housed in a super-compact housing featuring JL AUDIO's exclusive RSR mounting system. A neodymium magnet system allows for a small footprint and maximum installation flexibility of this tiny, but powerful little tweeter.

Premium mylar capacitors are employed to filter the tweeter for uncompromising high-frequency smoothness. The system-specific network is housed in a compact, outboard case and features adjustable tweeter output level and solid-state tweeter protection circuitry.

The woofer element employs a mineral-filled polypropylene cone body with a butyl rubber surround, designed for smooth, unassisted upper-frequency rolloff that blends seamlessly with the tweeter's output.

Use with outboard amplification for best results.

2-way System:
6.5-inch (160 mm) Woofer, 0.75-inch (19 mm)
Silk Dome Tweeter
Grilles Included
60W Continuous Power Handling
Rec. Amp Power: 15 - 100 Watts
89.5 dB Efficiency @ 1W/1m
FR: 59 Hz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB

#32469 - 09/06/2001 14:24 Re: 6.5 components for sale, great price and sound [Re: rockstar]
rockstar
enthusiast

here is the attachment

Attachments
31592-1.jpg (113 downloads)