Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#339766 - 26/11/2010 01:43 Black Friday ads!
gbeer
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manteca, California
Another American tradition - Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, is the traditional kick off to the Christmas buying season.

All the chains have been plastering the airwaves with ads promoting the sales to take place tomorrow.

This year Target has my vote as having the worst set of ads ever.

#339767 - 26/11/2010 02:42 Re: Black Friday ads! [Re: gbeer]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I despise Black Friday, and am very fortunate that my wife feels the same way. The thought of sitting out overnight for something like this does not appeal to me at all. Or for a week, as one family in our area did outside a local Best Buy. Apparently the store gave them two iPads for doing so. Ugh.

My philosophy: the difference between the discount you'll get in the store and the price you'll pay online is not worth the added stress of going through Black Friday. And this assumes that the store's sale price will be lower, which I'd imagine is not always the case.

Edited by Dignan (26/11/2010 02:42)

#339771 - 26/11/2010 11:34 Re: Black Friday ads! [Re: Dignan]
JeffS
carpal tunnel

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Your stress is someone else's fun. I happen to agree with your view, but I cannot say the same for my wife. Her physical limitations prevent us from spending too much time shopping or waiting in line for hours on end, though.

#339797 - 26/11/2010 22:23 Re: Black Friday ads! [Re: JeffS]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Sorry I can't rate the ads not having looked at them but I had dumb black Friday encounter today trying to go to Microcenter.

I am thinking about replacing a desktop computer so I was in the area and was going to just stop in there to look around. They won't even let you in the store without waiting in a block long line. I'm not talking about getting some crazy deal where on something they have three of you couldn't get in the store at all without waiting in line. This was in the afternoon too by the way.

I knew it would be a busy day but I have never seen where you can't even get in the store. I have always just seen where they have a line someplace you can wait in if you want the crazy deals but you can just shop normally if you could care a less about them.

I think the people that get up early to get the deals do it more for the thrill of the hunt than the actual savings.

Matt

#339799 - 26/11/2010 22:32 Re: Black Friday ads! [Re: msaeger]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Now you see why I just avoid all stores on this day. I had a lovely afternoon catching up on yesterday's football games and going through Google Reader. I just assume that if I went anywhere on Black Friday, I'm going to be in long lines and bad traffic. Much better to sleep in and relax!