Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#344884 - 07/05/2011 20:51 lrcdb
srhodes
enthusiast

Loc: Derbyshire, UK
Anybody know how long it has been down for and when it will be back up? I'm revisting my CD collection and saving in FLAC and at 320 as I did it all at 128 when I first got my 20GB empeg almost 11 years ago. I've lost some of the lyrics and need to reload into the newer files. Yes, I know I could get them off the empeg but seems too long winded.

2x80GB Mk II with Illuminated buttons

#344885 - 07/05/2011 22:41 Re: lrcdb [Re: srhodes]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
It's been down for a long time, maybe close to a year. I can't say when it will be back up -- there was a bunch of code that was incompatible with changes made to PHP, so I would have to either (a) fix all those bugs or (b) implement the site using a proper web framework so I'm isolated from these types of things in the future. (b) is my preference, but I've had no time to devote to it recently. I did pay to extend the domain registration for another year so it's definitely something I want to do, but I can't say when that will be.

Sorry about that -- I know you were one of the big uploaders, so if you're in a real jam, I could probably export the data directly out of the database for you and give you a dump of it -- you'd obviously have to script your way to happiness using that output, but it's an option until I get the site back up.

#344895 - 08/05/2011 07:24 Re: lrcdb [Re: tonyc]
srhodes
enthusiast

Loc: Derbyshire, UK
A year? I thought I had used it more recently than that but obviously not.

A dump would be great but not essential as I do have everything I had done on my empeg and I am replacing all of the songs anyway. I also have a number of the original lrc files. Would be nice to get hold of what other people had done as well, though. A bit of what I'm doing at the moment is consolidating all the places I seem to have accumulated my music (different drives at different times) and properly organising it all.

Other people might be interestd as well? Don't want you going out of your way. I know how these things seem like a simple job and then end up taking hours to get just right.

2x80GB Mk II with Illuminated buttons