Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#34927 - 24/07/2001 07:35 Remote Problems...
omarkhayyam
journeyman

Loc: Chicago
I just had a strange problem with my remote. My empeg was sitting on my desk happily playing a song, being powered off AC. I did a Search (by title) for a song, then tried to cancel the search, and the player stopped reponding to the remote. I waited a minute or two, tried again, still nothing. Then I unplugged the player, plugged it back in, and tried again. Still nothing. I turned the unit off (standby?), pressed a few buttons on the remote, and it started working again. Now it's fine (this all happened within the last 10 minutes).

It wasn't a range issue, 'cause I was about 2 feet away the entire time. I don't think it's the battery, as I've only had my empeg for about a month. Any suggestions as to what would cause this weird behavior?

Thanks all,
Adam

#34928 - 24/07/2001 13:21 Re: Remote Problems... [Re: omarkhayyam]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Do you have any custom kernels installed? All the ones hosted on my empeg site have a change to the IR code by a fellow empeg owner to support other remotes and his Displayserver program. It's important to know this, as the extra code could be the cause of the problem, and nothing from the standard empeg software.

#34929 - 24/07/2001 14:00 Re: Remote Problems... [Re: omarkhayyam]
omarkhayyam
journeyman

Loc: Chicago
I've got Displayserver on there. I think that's it. I'm gonna try swapping the battery out, maybe one of the buttons got pressed when and held when I threw it into my carrying case.

Thanks,
Adam

#34930 - 25/07/2001 06:26 Re: Remote Problems... [Re: omarkhayyam]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I had a similar problem a couple months ago. See the thread.

I sent the empeg back to England and they were unable to reproduce the problem but changed the IR receiver anyway. I have had no problems with the remote since.

Good luck with getting it fixed!

-Rob
-----
12GB MK2 Blue 090000736 (6166 in the queue)