Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#34931 - 24/07/2001 10:10 How to track my package?
tigloo

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
Phew, finally got around to place an order for my Empeg! Been waiting since Mk1, now finally I seem to be getting one! :)

First of all, if anybody of the Empeg/Rio guys is reading this: _great_ that you put up the European store and thanks for the outstanding support and customer relationship management! For some reason my credit card did not want to work and the guy at Rio (namely Andrew Hogbin) was extremely cool about resolving the issue.

However, now I got a tracking number by the Rio shipment guys but I don't know how to use it (and don't want to bother their support again :) ) so I wanted to ask here first if anybody was able to track their shipments.

The package is supposedly sent via TNT Global Express, but the tracking number is not valid there. The Rio eStore has tracking capabilities, but wants a password associated with my order number (which I never set). Trying to use email & credit card number didn't work. Also, I never got a customer number.

So, how am I to track?

#34932 - 24/07/2001 10:26 Re: How to track my package? [Re: tigloo]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
First of all, make sure to e-mail the Rio/Empeg guys and ask them the same question. They'll help you.

Anyway, it's possible it either got shipped by some other method than TNT, or the TNT tracking system hasn't got the number into it yet.

#34933 - 24/07/2001 11:08 Re: How to track my package? [Re: tigloo]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
I just checked and the tracking number isn't working at the TNT site for some reason. David has just dropped today's shipping manifest on my desk, and the package was collected earlier this afternoon, so I would guess that the problem is with TNT Track & Trace.

Don't panic

Rob

#34934 - 25/07/2001 00:20 Re: How to track my package? [Re: rob]
tigloo

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
I just tried again at the TNT site, it works now - probably they needed some time for the updates to go through their databases.

What _really_ surprised me though is that the package (after only 11 hours in transit) is already half an hour away from me!

Damn, I might be getting the Empeg today! :)

#34935 - 25/07/2001 03:20 Re: How to track my package? [Re: tigloo]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
You should certainly get it today - we use next day shipping where available.

Rob