Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#350081 - 02/02/2012 14:07 Re: General Crawler badness [Re: Dignan]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Dignan
Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.
I used to use AVG myself, but was very sad to see them start heading down the same path that made McAfee and Norton such awful programs: bloat.
Good point. At least we can all rest easy knowing that Microsoft would never indulge in such a thing.

They could, but at that point I'll just move to the next guy smile

Which leads again to my earlier question: how easy is it to get rid of MSE after installation? Is it even possible without a full system reinstall?

#350082 - 02/02/2012 14:10 Re: General Crawler badness [Re: mlord]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Originally Posted By: mlord
Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.
I used to use AVG myself, but was very sad to see them start heading down the same path that made McAfee and Norton such awful programs: bloat.
Good point. At least we can all rest easy knowing that Microsoft would never indulge in such a thing.

They could, but at that point I'll just move to the next guy smile

Which leads again to my earlier question: how easy is it to get rid of MSE after installation? Is it even possible without a full system reinstall?

I already answered your question in an earlier post. It is easy to remove. It isn't like Norton or McAfee, for which I carry around regularly-updated tools specifically for their removal.

#350139 - 06/02/2012 23:03 Re: General Crawler badness [Re: mlord]
JBjorgen
carpal tunnel

Loc: Columbus, OH
Originally Posted By: mlord

Simply uninstall it from the control panel like any other app. Seems to go away without any problems or leaving pieces behind. Seems MS has learned a thing or two from years of getting bent over by the govmt. for anti-competitive practices.

#350156 - 07/02/2012 13:27 Re: General Crawler badness [Re: JBjorgen]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Now if only their unsolicited Firefox extensions were so easy to get rid of.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2