Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#350920 - 16/03/2012 21:16 Re: Mouse recommendation wanted [Re: tanstaafl.]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.
Oh, wait! There are still a few of the old Microsoft 2.0 mouses (mice?) out there for sale. Just found one on Amazon, New In Box, independent seller, $21.44 including shipping.
It takes a while for mail to get to me here in Mexico.

It arrived today, it's installed with the new software, I like it very much. The software that came with the mouse was not compatible with Vista, so I had to download a later version from Microsoft.

Can someone explain to me how it can possibly take 36 MB in 402 files spread through 80 sub-directories to move a little arrow around on my screen?

tanstaafl.

Attachments
Intellipoint.png

#350924 - 16/03/2012 22:09 Re: Mouse recommendation wanted [Re: tanstaafl.]
drakino
carpal tunnel

None of that is even code needed to move the little arrow around the screen. The driver is built into the USB stack, all the rendering and movement of the mouse is in other parts of the OS.

It's all help files specific for your mouse, likely with pictures and diagrams of the buttons. Along with potentially some extra mouse cursors you will likely never use, and software to remap buttons. At least thats what I remember being in the Intellipoint installs.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2