Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#373525 - 16/10/2021 02:31 digital sound processors, head units with optical outputs
Mr_Maniacal
journeyman

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
I am looking for high end digital sound processors and high end or competition head units/cd player with optical outputs. Does anyone have any suggestions?

#373529 - 16/10/2021 03:20 Re: digital sound processors, head units with optical outputs [Re: Mr_Maniacal]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Optical outputs are an after-market option on the empeg/RioCar players. Dunno if the kits are still available or not, but the output quality is perfect (being digital..).

#373530 - 16/10/2021 03:43 Re: digital sound processors, head units with optical outputs [Re: Mr_Maniacal]
Mr_Maniacal
journeyman

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
I have the after market sound card for the empeg. I was wondering about any cd player head units with digital outputs. This way I could have a cd player with satellite radio hooked up to a DSP and the empeg player hooked up as well. I have a pioneer dex-p9 competition cd player with a pioneer deq-p9, which is a digital sound processor. The problem is that it is controlled by the pioneer head unit and doesnt offer any other digital/optical inputs except its proprietary input.