Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#374179 - 14/10/2023 17:53 A Trip Down Memory Lane: Empeg Mark 1 Discovery in a '98 RAV4
Mike Harris
new poster

Hello EMPEG-BBS community,

I recently came across a piece of my personal tech history that I believe many here will appreciate: an Empeg Mark 1, tucked away in my brother's 1998 RAV4. It's a unit I had personally purchased and installed in the summer of 1999. The nostalgia was palpable, realizing that both the RAV4 and the Empeg have journeyed together for so long, with the car still in active service!

Details about the unit:

Model: Empeg Mark 1
Serial Number:134
Condition: The unit powers on, proudly displaying the Empeg logo, but it stops short of booting. A testament to its age and the adventures it's seen, it's clear it might benefit from some attention.

The Empeg Mark 1 represents more than just technology for me. It embodies a period of my life, filled with music, exploration, and the joy of early tech adoption. I remember the excitement of getting this state-of-the-art player and the thrill it brought to our road trips.

If any members have personal anecdotes or experiences related to the Empeg Mark 1 or perhaps other vintage tech, I'd be delighted to hear and exchange stories. While I know there's a comprehensive FAQ on the site, the chance to connect with others over shared history and cherished memories is irreplaceable.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and I'm looking forward to reminiscing and celebrating this iconic piece of digital music history with you all.

Best regards,

Mike

#374180 - 14/10/2023 20:19 Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: Empeg Mark 1 Discovery in a '98 RAV4 [Re: Mike Harris]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Wonderful write-up, thanks!

#374181 - 15/10/2023 17:58 Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: Empeg Mark 1 Discovery in a '98 RAV4 [Re: mlord]
Mike Harris
new poster