My tuner arrived (didn't miss radio as much as I thought) but somehow empeg is more complete & the tuner does pull more stations than my old HU. Good or bad there doesn't seem to be any RDS stations in the area, although I did see it briefly when tuned to a classical type station here. I see the same faint line at the top as others have reported, future implementation?
The tuner wasn't recognized until I fixed the loose sled wire (read on)
OK the tuner install wasn't w/o a hitch, even though after reading about the wire connectors pulling out I thought mine was immune, for I pulled on them before I even install the sled. No wires pulled out so I figured all was good, well the amp remote wire pulled out, I'm no starnger to soldering & was after a few minutes (30) able to get out clip to solder wire in. Pushing the clip back in wasn't too easy a little too much solder & the sucker doesn't want to go, a very tight fit.
Anyway alls well & tommorow I'll probablty still listen to my mp3's but have the option of radio.
VR is next for looking forward to, what about using the navigation type mics they use in cars?

#695 empeg-car Mk2/Green/Amber/Neon Red/Clear/Smoke-12Gig hasTUNER , 2.x , VR

"No buyers regret"