Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#37766 - 31/08/2001 03:53 INSTALL HELP PLS :)
JaBZ
addict

Loc: NZ
Hi, Im waiting for my EMPEG MKII to arrive, in the mean time im figuring out how to install it.....however I have run into a few issues/questions which concern me. Currently I have the Pioneer DEH-P9050 head unit, this unit accepts a Auxillary connection to it, however not directly, I need another unit which connects to it's IP-BUS (CD CHANGER BUS), the unit is a CD-RB20 Pioneer RCA to IP-BUS Interconnector, this i have now bought.
It has a Single pair of RCA terminals and a IP BUS connector, which connects to the head unit. My problem is the RCA OUTPUTS on the EMPEG are 4V, BUT the instructions for the RCA to IPBUS connector says NOT to connect any device which has an RCA Output level of more than 1V!!!. So what do I do?, this is the ideal way I want to connect it, it then lets me use all the features of my head unit, i.e. Amplifiys the signal (45W x 4) , Output levels to all speakers, Graphic Equalizer control, DSP, Tuner, CD etc.

Now I noticed in the EMPEG documentation that their is a pair of RCA jack on the rear of the player for connection to a home player and these are rated at 1V, this is ideal for my setup it would then allow me to use the EMPEG with the RAC to IPBUS connector with my head unit.
However once the EMPEG is in it's car dock, can I still use that pair of 1V RCA Jacks? if not what is a solution that I can use it?
OR is there another way I can use the two pairs of RCA? Hack the car dock's wiring?
or Reduce the 4V load to 1V, but how?, I'd also need to mix the two pairs of RCA from the EMPEG since the RCA to IP BUS interconnector has only ONE pair of RCA input jacks.

I WILL appreciate ALL the help I can get on this issue, post here, I can also be conntacted by EMAIL = [email protected]

Cheers, and thanks a lot...
Jaidev

#37767 - 31/08/2001 04:12 Re: INSTALL HELP PLS :) [Re: JaBZ]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Turn the volume of the empeg all the way down, and connect the car outputs; reduced volume = reduced output voltage.

Then, turn them up slowly until the empeg volume through the head unit matches that of the head unit's internal sources (eg, cd player).

Hugo

#37768 - 31/08/2001 06:59 Re: INSTALL HELP PLS :) [Re: JaBZ]
Derek
addict

Loc: NRW, Germany
Jai,

You only need to post you message in one forum - it will get read wherever it is!

(list 6284, Mk1 S/N 00299 4GB blue [for sale]. Mk2 S/N 080000094 6GB blue)