Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#38169 - 06/09/2001 11:30 ISO DIN Chasis or only external display
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Some of us are having trouble with installs because of smaller than normal radio slots on our cars... not that big of a deal.

But what I think would be really cool is to have the empeg store in the glovebox or trunk with the display routed to any aftermarket, touchscreen video monitor or navigation system.... Imagine a 5 inch x 5 inch color display with touch screen? You could have full visuals AND full track display AND "next/previous" display etc etc....

32GB (JUST UPGRADED!) Mk. II BLUE
Detroit, MI USA
www.PfeifferBeer.com

#38170 - 06/09/2001 13:22 Re: ISO DIN Chasis or only external display [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
tigloo

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
Hmmm.... create a screen that you can control via Ethernet and put an Ethernet cable into your car. :)

Till

#38171 - 17/09/2001 04:49 Re: ISO DIN Chasis or only external display [Re: tigloo]
Nosferatu
enthusiast

Loc: France, Champagne
The idea is not so bad.

I had the same but it is :

a video output like RCA Output (now used for my 6110 Nokia Phone)

We could imagine to load video in DIVX or Mpeg format or new coming formats an play them in the car player

- sound to sound outputs like actualy
- and video to video output displaid to an external screen

Video output cable could be an RCA like cameras and could use a LCD to display.

#38172 - 17/09/2001 19:45 Re: ISO DIN Chasis or only external display [Re: Nosferatu]
alear
enthusiast

Loc: Montana, USA, Bozeman
There has been work done on a remote display listed in the FAQ section or linked here
http://empeg.comms.net/php/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=faq&Number=9894&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&part=

As for a video output, I have been working on a pixel by pixel output that shows the display on a vga/tv display. This type of display is not the same as a output you could use for your DivX's.

Ideally empeg would add on vga capabilities but for car video liabilities I doubt they would do that.

Alex Lear