Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#40389 - 26/10/2001 17:10 Re: I'm a geek wannabe [Re: cwillenbrock]
cwillenbrock
enthusiast

Loc: Dover, NJ
A couple more notes about my problem that I noticed...

1. WinAmp always seems to know exactly know how long each song is supposed to be, but will cut out in the middle of a song to move on to the next track.

2. The songs that cut out are all songs over 5:04, as that's the point that the songs will cut out. My script works great for pop radio, but this is a big problem for a progressive rock/metal fan such as myself.

Whether songs are are being sent via a download request or being called by WinAmp from a m3u playlist, the same headers are always sent

header (sprintf("Content-Length: %s",filesize($sendfile)));
header ("Content-Type: application/octet-stream");
header (sprintf("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=%s",$filename));

So...any ideas what might be causing the stream to only allow for 5:04? As I've said...when I select download instead of playing m3u stream, the entire file downloads fine.

Thanks.

#40390 - 26/10/2001 18:30 Re: I'm a geek wannabe [Re: cwillenbrock]
fvgestel
old hand

Loc: Netherlands
the default timeout value for a TCP-connection in apache is 300 seconds. Try setting the Timeout directive to 600 or more to resolve the problem

#40391 - 26/10/2001 21:34 Re: I'm a geek wannabe [Re: fvgestel]
cwillenbrock
enthusiast

Loc: Dover, NJ
I suppose I figured that if the song downloads in a few seconds, that the stream should behave the same way (download ahead of time and store in a temp file, then disconnect while the song finishes playing, and start a new connection for the next song). I didn't think the connection stayed open the whole time, but I guess that would explain it.

Hmmm...well, I'm not using Apache. The app is written in PHP, and it's running on IIS (on my workstation, because there's where all the fids are from using your wonderful ds backup utility). I suppose I should take a look around at the IIS config and see what I can find.

Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3