Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#4211 - 21/03/2000 13:52 C t USM
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
Who was it mentioned Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine? I just picked up "A World Without Dave" (it was cheeeeaaaapppp) and I am thoroughly impressed.

Are they still in business? If so, have they done any more albums? What is their best so far?

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#4212 - 21/03/2000 17:22 Re: C t USM [Re: schofiel]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Quite possibly me. I'm a big Carter fan (and have the T-shirts to prove it) - I've seen them live a few times, but unfortunately they split about 2 years ago :(

http://www.fruity.demon.co.uk/ is the official site, maintained (very well maintained!) by Fruitbat, Carter's guitarist and co-founder (along with Jimbob).

A world without dave was about their last one (Blame the government was the one after it) - personally I prefer the earlier stuff especially "1992 - the love album", "101 damnations", "30 something" and "Post historic monsters". If you get a chance to buy "Starry eyed and bollock naked" (a collection of their b-sides) do so, it's brilliant :)

Hugo

#4213 - 22/03/2000 02:35 Re: C t USM [Re: altman]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
Shame. There's some pretty pointed lyrics in there, and some talented songwriting.

I am going to have a dig around at my record shop and see what I can come up with. If (by chance) spot your albums lying around and can take a brief moment to write down the album catalogue numbers, this would help immensely in NL!

Thanks, Hugo.

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#4214 - 31/03/2000 22:48 Re: C t USM [Re: schofiel]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Ummmm.... are they anything like Mozart? I really like Mozart, you know. It's a sobering thought to realize that when Mozart was my age, he'd been dead for 21 years.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"