Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#44359 - 30/10/2001 22:50 Emplode error (USB Sync)
kligh
new poster

Loc: Kansas
Ok ... I know I saw this topic before I even upgraded my software and player, and I know it's beta and so on and so forth, but when I make changes in Emplode to songs (changing tags, uploading new tags, uploading new songs, removing songs, and so forth) about 75% of the time when I go to sync with the player, it hangs. Generally, it makes it through all the "writing information" and so forth, and when the player reboots, I usually get "Synchronise Failed while writing player configuration. Connection timed out (error 0x8004003e)"

Most of the time, any new songs or changes I've made take effect and stick. If I hit "sync" again, though, I get a "Wrong Cookie Error" and have to exit emplode and re-open it to communicate with my player.

What other information do you need from me? (like I said, I quite clearly remember seeing this earlier, but I can't for the life of me find the topic now)

Oh yeah ... Windows 2K adv server. I have other USB devices that work fine, I have no yellow booboo icons

Edited by kligh (30/10/2001 22:51)

#44360 - 30/10/2001 23:01 Re: Emplode error (USB Sync) [Re: kligh]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Synchronise Failed while writing player configuration. Connection timed out (error 0x8004003e)

That particular error is already on the bug list and will be fixed by 2.0 final.

In the meantime, you can downgrade to 1.03 (which is not beta) to get rid of the error.