Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#45339 - 06/11/2001 14:21 Bug Check
srhodes
enthusiast

Loc: Derbyshire, UK
I've been using the new version for a few weeks now and am very pleased with the results. Still a few problems, though, that seem to have already been discussed here and will hopefully be FITNR but here are some that I couldn't find mention of and wanted to check first before emailing the guys.

1. In emplode it used to be possible to make a copy of a track to another playlist and change the tag information to be different from the original. If I do this now the changes get reflected in both.

2. Search using PIN is stored so next time I press the search button it is still there. Pessing again means that I reselect that as a playlist. I have to cancel the PIN numbers before I can continue.

3. Pressing the 2 button should tweak my playlist by artist but it only seems to replace the next track with one from the same artist. Subsequent presses replaces the track after this and so on. Shouldn't it pull back all the tracks by that artist that are still in the playlist?

4. It occassionally freezes when in tuner mode. Keeps playing but I can't do anything without pulling the unit and re-inserting.

One final thing, how do I get rid of the 'Plays' information counter?

Otherwise - FANTASTIC!

2x80GB Mk II with Illuminated buttons

#45340 - 06/11/2001 15:13 Re: Bug Check [Re: srhodes]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
In emplode it used to be possible to make a copy of a track to another playlist and change the tag information to be different from the original. If I do this now the changes get reflected in both.

As far as I know, it is behaving as it always has. Nothing has changed in this area.

When you make a copy in emplode, all you are copying is a link to a record in the database. All links to a given song will point to the same song, so when you change one, they all change.

If, in the past, you were able to change the properties of a track without affecting another track, then you were looking at a DUPLICATE file that was accidentally uploaded to the player twice.

Search using PIN is stored so next time I press the search button it is still there.

Known bug, same with Year, FITNR.

Pressing the 2 button should tweak my playlist by artist but it only seems to replace the next track with one from the same artist.

This is the way it has always worked, it is the way it was intended to work from the beginning. Wanting to hear a couple more songs by the same artist is different than queing up that entire artist's catalog. You can still do that, but not with the tweak button.

Note that in 2.0, you've got more options for queueing up an artist's catalog. You now have the "insert" option in the search menu, as well as the new ability to insert a playlist.

It occassionally freezes when in tuner mode.

I'm pretty sure this is on the bug list. I do not know if they've found the cause of this one or not.