Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#45550 - 08/11/2001 05:16 Search smash case probs
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
I have a few tracks where the artist has been labeled in UPPERCASE, and some tracks of the same artist are listed in Title Case. When doing a search on the player, the UPPERCASE artist came up with seven tracks. When made my selection, only the tracks with the UPPERCASE artist listing came up.

In Emplode the 'soup' artist view was in CAPS too and was the only listing for this artist but contained all the songs, regardless of case. I changed the song with CAPS to match the others and all was good. I can search the songs no probs now.

I've done a little experimenting and can't repeat it yet with other similar songs. grr

Edited by muzza (08/11/2001 05:18)

#45551 - 08/11/2001 05:28 Re: Search smash case probs [Re: muzza]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
When made my selection, only the tracks with the UPPERCASE artist listing came up.

This is a known bug and will hopefully be fixed before the next beta.

Peter

#45552 - 08/11/2001 05:30 Re: Search smash case probs [Re: peter]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
OK cool.

BTW I narrowed down the problem. It seems to be that if the track is stored in the database as uppercase, and consequently appears in the soup listing in uppercase, the lower/mixed case tracks dont get selected in searches.

Also, 'FATBOY SLIM' and 'Fatboy Slim' are the same in the soup list although the latter doesnt get included in searches; they are both different to 'fatboy slim'