Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#4616 - 18/10/1999 01:07 Psion IR
Mark Miller
journeyman

Loc: Southeastern Pennsylvania
Greetings, I was wondering if there are many Psion 3/5series palmtop users among the empeg car owners or prospective owners... and if there is any interest in a Psion IR selection/control program. Both devices come from the same country, after all :)

#4617 - 19/10/1999 13:49 Re: Psion IR [Re: Mark Miller]
andrewbetts
new poster

Loc: Reading, UK
I have a Psion5 and I would like an empeg. If at some point I have both I would certainly like them to have a little conversation now and again.

I was wondering if it might be an easier way to transfer tunes to your car, rather than lugging the empeg around. eg PC -> Psion then Psion -> Empeg. Hmm the slow (115200) transfer rate might be an issue though.

Andy

#4618 - 01/11/1999 03:52 Re: Psion IR [Re: andrewbetts]
Mark Miller
journeyman

Loc: Southeastern Pennsylvania
While it is possible to use the Psion as a data transport; you're right, the serial transfer is much slower than the empeg's USB connection. Also, Psion memory is usually limited or expensive (or both.)

I was thinking more like custom playlists that one could create on the Psion (based on the MP3 data already in the player) or as a keyboard to enter or correct the data fields in the empeg, etc. Since the actual playlist data is stored in the empeg and not back at home in emplode, it should be possible to modify. How about a keyword search using the Psion (or even just the Psion's keyboard... allowing the empeg to do the crunching!) Lots of possibilities, as both devices are very flexible.

#4619 - 01/11/1999 04:26 Re: Psion IR [Re: Mark Miller]
Mark Petersen
journeyman

Loc: Denmark, Kbh Ø
or even better useng psion to make a telnet conection over ir

Mark
emaks rouls #10677