Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#46776 - 15/11/2001 05:43 Wanted: rack/component box
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

I know a number of people out there have built enclosures for home use of the empeg. I personally am not at all handy at such things, but would be wondering if someone who has built one in the past would be interested in building one for sale. The composition could be metal, wood or plastic, but I would like to have ethernet, usb, stereo and power connectors available for general use. I have an extra sled already.

If anyone is interested, please send me a private message on the board or email. Thanks!

#46777 - 31/12/2001 07:06 Re: Wanted: rack/component box [Re: pgrzelak]
justinlarsen
old hand

Loc: Petaluma, CA
yup.. I too would be interested in buying one.. somebody please for the love of good build us poor souls a box for home.. we will pay you money..

#46778 - 31/12/2001 07:10 Re: Wanted: rack/component box [Re: pgrzelak]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
For those of you in europe my father has built me a HiFi stand which has the empeg built into it. If you look round the old threads posted by me you should find it.

He would be intrested in building some more

#46779 - 31/12/2001 10:16 Re: Wanted: rack/component box [Re: thinfourth2]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
He would be intrested in building some more

Yeah those looked awesome but if I remember right raw cost of the raw materials was somewhere near $300 USD or something. As much as I'd like a nice stand for my Empeg, that's a little pricey!

#46780 - 31/12/2001 12:14 Re: Wanted: rack/component box [Re: tonyc]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
The wood costs not much it is the glass that costs a bit so look around and see if you can get glass cut and polished locally to you. We are not talking ordinary glass cutting here as the edges were polished and the glass cut to a template.

The wood bit he can do seperatly and shipped to you i can give you an e-mail address if you want for him.

On a side note mine might be for sale as he might make us another so if anyone is intrested i can bring it to the the owners meet in june in holland