Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#46881 - 16/11/2001 05:48 An another happy Empeg owner
eslange
journeyman

Loc: Utrecht, Netherlands
Hello all !

The world is pleased with a another happy Empeg (eh.. RioCar ) user in the Netherlands, Utrecht: 10Gig, blue, Tuner, screens & case. I saw that the production of the Empegs was stopped and I was still infected by a fellow ex-colleague on my work, who owns the Mark1 (more about him later).

How amazed I was with the ordering (breezing fast)
- Sunday: online order
- Monday: confirmation + fraud check. Immediate sent them a fax with requested info
- Thuesday: confirmation that the 'goods' were passed to TNT Express
- Thursday: Ding-dong... TNT-express for you !!!
This is how an online stores should be!!

Who's the guy infected me?
That Rob Schofield !
We had a lot of fun and conversations including the empeg, when he worked for the telecommunication company I'm working for. We all know his enthousiasm, so no wonder I was infected by this.

How about that fleece action? Is this still applicable? I want to make Rob smile bigger!

Since I'm a software developer, you surely can expect me starting touching the Empeg Linux kernel!

I will jump into the BBS more often by now!

See you later!

Eize

#46882 - 16/11/2001 06:18 Re: An another happy Empeg owner [Re: eslange]
Nosferatu
enthusiast

Loc: France, Champagne
I am in France and what you say makes me think that shipment in Europe is faster that in US.

I received mine in 3 days.

I welcome in Empeg world .....

Kernel developper .... hum .... Good Projects in Perspective..

Edited by Nosferatu (16/11/2001 06:21)

#46883 - 16/11/2001 06:59 Re: An another happy Empeg owner [Re: Nosferatu]

Loc: Dallas Texas USA
Welcome to the fold.

My order to Texas took a little longer than 3 or 4 days, but mine was shipped from th UK - I am not next door like you guys are. 5 days. The extra day was worth the wait!!

Over one year of happy operation and still going strong!

#46884 - 16/11/2001 08:07 Re: An another happy Empeg owner [Re: eslange]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
Hoi! Eize! Hoe is het, jongen?

I am really glad you took the plunge and bought one. I should be a salesman - I seem to have convinced rather a lot of people here in NL!

Nice to see you here. Hope things are going OK over there in Hilversum - drop by for a beer!

Tot Straks!
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#46885 - 16/11/2001 08:18 Re: An another happy Empeg owner [Re: schofiel]
eslange
journeyman

Loc: Utrecht, Netherlands
Yo Rob!

Everything's fine here! Surely I get the best subjects to do, but that's maybe because of my big mouth but that's how business works! Unfortunately still no use of Perl, Java (Applets), Apache, Linux etc in our IP world. Ok we do use Linux (testing purposes only) for the stuff Hans Verbeek is busy with (that should be no suprise).

About your 'salesman' tactics... that needs supports, so do you know more about that fleece action?!?

Surely we arrange some beer drinking event in the near future. Long time no speaking, so that should be an extra reason! (Or are we going for the spare-ribs? )

See ya,

Eize