Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#47629 - 21/11/2001 21:15 Calrion DXZ615 -externally sense when CD selected?
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
I just posted this message to another forum dedicated to car audio. Thought I'd have a look in here because there is no shortage of tech-heads. :)

Simple request... But don't know if anyone has hacked around enough with this unit to answer. The info should also apply to other decks in the Clarion lineup with similar external connections.

Anyway, I'd like to find any way of externally sensing if the built-in CD has been selected as a source.

There would be no external Clarion components (so no EQ and no changers connected).

Ideally I'd love to be able to see 12v off some pin on the changer connector, but failing that, any voltage will be fine - just more work down the line.

And why do I need this?

I'm looking for a way to trigger the phone mute of another deck when selecting CD on the Clarion. Using the antenna remote, I've already got it covered for radio.

Thanks for any help.

Bruno

So people here should know what I want to do. I'm using the Clarion as a preamp and want to be able to pause the empeg automatically when I change sources on it. Radio is more than easy, but the source I would probably switch to the most (when I ever switch) would be CD.

I may start pooking around with the multimeter if I get the head unit out of the car this weekend (to install the empeg sled at the same time).

#47630 - 23/11/2001 08:56 Clarion DXZ615 -externally sense when CD selected? [Re: hybrid8]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Man, how could I typo the subject? :)