Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#49304 - 07/12/2001 10:06 Honda/Acura Alpine AM GPS Question
kazama
enthusiast

Loc: Boston, MA
I posted this question to the OdyClub board but haven't gotten a response yet so I thought I would post it here. New Honda/Acura cars use an Alpine OEM version of their GPS system. This is a DVD-Rom based system with a changer mounted in the car and a seperate screen in the dash. On the CD reader, there is a plug that is not plugged into anything and has two cables going into it from the Reader. Does anyone know if this plug is an extra audio out plug which I can connect to the Amp instead of having to splice wires at the Navi Screen? I will probably ask the Dealer next but am just trying to avoid that.

Greg *who is trying to find a way to fit more arconyms in this post*

Edited by kazama (07/12/2001 10:07)

#49305 - 11/12/2001 10:17 Re: Honda/Acura Alpine AM GPS Question [Re: kazama]
Dearing
addict

Loc: Florida
You could try it with some low-impedence headphones or a voltmeter if you play music in the drive, couldn't you?

#49306 - 11/12/2001 11:53 Re: Honda/Acura Alpine AM GPS Question [Re: Dearing]
kazama
enthusiast

Loc: Boston, MA
I think so. Just need to boost the signal. But then again, I probably could find an adaptor at Crutchfield and patch it over to RCA connections and see if it works. I just got a new voltmeter so I should give it a test.