Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#49676 - 17/12/2001 21:18 Re: HiJack v74?!?.. try v75 maybe! [Re: Terminator]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Do you run drive image every night? Does it copy everything or just the things that changed since the last time it was run?

I only run it when the thought hits me that I haven't done backup in a long time. I don't have any mission critical data on my home computer, so every couple of weeks is often enough.

I have it set up to just recreate the entire C: drive partition on my D: drive, rather than try and get fancy and use it as a backup utility with incremental capabilities. I think (not sure) it can be configured to do so if you want, however. It takes surprisingly longer than I thought it would to mirror the partition -- something in excess of two and a half hours, mirroring a 40GB C: drive to an identical 40GB D: drive, but I just let it run unattended overnight so no big deal.

tanstaafl.

#49677 - 18/12/2001 02:34 Re: HiJack v74?!?.. try v75 maybe! [Re: hybrid8]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Fine, I'll get it to import the XML data . Probably in the new year, though -- we're winding down for Christmas now, and I've got most of this week off now.

As far as keeping two sets of music in sync and mirroring the changes, wait. It's something I'm hacking on in my spare time. When it's ready, I'll release it.

Offline tag editing in emplode is something I'd like to see -- but it won't be ready for v2.0.

Be patient, grasshopper .

#49678 - 18/12/2001 22:00 Re: HiJack v74?!?.. try v75 maybe! [Re: Roger]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Sounds awesome. I don't think I'm going to have too much time for any empeg db maintenance over the holidays anyway. I'm still hoping I'll have the inside of my car fully installed by the new year :)

Bruno

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3