Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#50038 - 15/12/2001 16:43 InfoTex visuals show credits after power cycle?
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
If booting while the InfoTex visual is on, outside the car, the first thing to show up in the visual is the list of empeg credits, not the song details.

Did I stumble upon some neat hidden feature?

Bruno

#50039 - 15/12/2001 16:47 Re: InfoTex visuals show credits after power cycle? [Re: hybrid8]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
What you are seeing is supposed to be what InfoTex displays if there is an empty playlist or it has reached the end of a playlist.

Technically, it's a bug. If there's a song queued up after you boot the player, even if it's paused, it should be showing that song's data rather than the credits.

I'm not sure if it's fixed in the current beta or not. It was reported for an earlier alpha, I'm not sure it it was fixed. On the next release, check it and report it officially if it's still there.

#50040 - 19/01/2002 13:11 Re: InfoTex visuals show credits after power cycle [Re: tfabris]
Captain_Chaos

Loc: Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Technically, it's a bug. If there's a song queued up after you boot the player, even if it's paused, it should be showing that song's data rather than the credits.

I'm not sure if it's fixed in the current beta or not. It was reported for an earlier alpha, I'm not sure it it was fixed. On the next release, check it and report it officially if it's still there.

It's still there...

The bug is also manifested after the playlist has ended and the Infotex visual has reverted to displaying the credits. If I select some new music to play the visual will keep displaying the credits throughout the entire first song, only to start displaying the song details when the second song starts.

/Pepijn

#50041 - 19/01/2002 14:38 Re: InfoTex visuals show credits after power cycle [Re: Captain_Chaos]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

It's still there...

Unless you've got some magical later-than-beta7 release I don't know about, that's not what I meant. I meant if it's still there on the next release, let us know.

#50042 - 20/01/2002 13:02 Re: InfoTex visuals show credits after power cycle [Re: tfabris]
Captain_Chaos

Loc: Amersfoort, The Netherlands
You posted that message on 16 december, before beta 7 was released, so beta 7 is the next version, isn't it?

/Pepijn

#50043 - 20/01/2002 13:23 Re: InfoTex visuals show credits after power cycle [Re: Captain_Chaos]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

I think I was referring to an internal copy at the time (one that you guys didn't get yet).