Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#53416 - 02/01/2002 11:14 Button-down-hold doesn't change display?
Wolfram
new poster

Hi,

pre beta7 it was possible to change between the selected info mode and the selected visual by press&hold the down button.
In the current release this doesn't work all the time. I haven't figured out the exact circumstances but often the press&hold of the down button only brings up the the short description of the current mode at the top of the display (like "Info:Transient" or "Info:Track") without actually changing it. This seems to happen only in car.

Maybe related:
In the last release (beta3) I noticed a similar malfunction. When doing the press&hold for the first time after powering up the player, it did behave like described above. But a second press&hold would then do the trick.
Now even this doesn't help. I think selecting another visual from the menu sorts it out, but I'm not sure yet.

Anyone else experienced this?

Wolfram

#53417 - 02/01/2002 11:25 Re: Button-down-hold doesn't change display? [Re: Wolfram]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
This is on the internal bug list already.

The bug happens on the very first toggle attempt after boot-up. A second long press is required to make it work. After that, it works OK.

#53418 - 02/01/2002 11:44 Re: Button-down-hold doesn't change display? [Re: tfabris]
Wolfram
new poster

Hi Tony,

I experienced on several occasions that the second long press doesn't work and even more repeated long presses don't make it work as well. The second long press >did< always work in the last public beta but now (beta7) it doesn't work always (at least for me).
I noticed it only in car, but I hardly use the empeg outside the car anyway. I will try to pay more attention to the circumstances, because the problem isn't there all the time.

Wolfram