Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#54384 - 05/01/2002 16:58 Re: US Orders SHIPPING! [Re: tanstaafl.]
mcomb
pooh-bah

Loc: San Carlos, CA
You don't think Sally Crewe's V-8 powered MG-B is a cool car?

OK, two out of three.

And Aouali has her empeg installed in a Mercedes Benz -- that's somewhat cool.

Sorry, just doesn't do it for me. I never got sports sedans (granted I don't know which MB she has). [finds flame proof suit] Kinda like those Taurus SHOs, I mean what is the point anyway ;-)

-Mike

#54385 - 05/01/2002 17:31 Re: US Orders SHIPPING! [Re: mcomb]
Chao

Well, I don't know about the Taurus SHO, but I'm really happy with my sporty-ish sedan. My Grand Prix GTP comes with heads-up display and 240 horsepower stock (modded a lot, after the fact)

The best thing about a car like that is the insurance. My camaro convertible I had before crashed (flooded road), and i'm paying 600$ *less* per 6 months for a much faster car.

It's still not as flashy as the convertible though

#54386 - 05/01/2002 20:45 Re: US Orders SHIPPING! [Re: Chao]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
I just love sport sedans.... Contour SVT's, Taurus SHO's, BMW M3's, Audi A4's, my WRX etc.... of course I just love cars in general: hatchbacks, coupes. But sedans are soft of "sleepers". You can have fun in them, and in-laws don't think your just some hotroder.

#54387 - 05/01/2002 20:50 Re: US Orders SHIPPING! [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
Chao

Heh, I can't get away with that anymore. I had the exhaust done so i've got the low-end purr, and changing the induction box lets my supercharger get the proper high-end whine... say, kinda like my in-laws

#54388 - 06/01/2002 11:57 Re: US Orders SHIPPING! [Re: tanstaafl.]
Laura
pooh-bah

Loc: Greenhills, Ohio
I can't believe I went an ordered another one and I have yet to get the first one. Geez. This time a 60Gb, the sickness is upon me. Help!!

MKI #017/90

whatever

#54389 - 06/01/2002 12:15 Re: US Orders SHIPPING! [Re: Laura]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
This time a 60Gb, the sickness is upon me. Help!!

Asking for that kind of help from this group is like asking for dietary advice in a candy store.

#54390 - 06/01/2002 12:23 Re: US Orders SHIPPING! [Re: tfabris]
keil
new poster

Loc: Los Angeles,CA
I did the same yesterday. Up to 3 now...2-20GB and 30GB. I plan to use 1 in car, 1 in home w/ nfs and ssh and other small apps from Linux Router Project code re-compiled for development and 1 for parts.

Hope SB doesn't start give'n em away next week!

Keil

#54391 - 07/01/2002 13:57 Re: US Orders SHIPPING! [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
But sedans are sort of "sleepers".

Yes, but I go one better than that -- my SHO is a Wagon, not a sedan. One of maybe a dozen in the whole world. It's not just a sleeper -- it's practically invisible, not to mention low-risk for theft and low-cost for insurance.

tanstaafl.

#54392 - 07/01/2002 14:11 Re: US Orders SHIPPING! [Re: tanstaafl.]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Wow! I SHO Wagon! I have seen a few of them around Dearborn, but always assumed it was another Ford "mule" or test car. I am a little spoiled in getting to see that kind of stuff. The new Cobra Eliminator is very nice too (coming out sometime this year). Very cool about the SHO Wagon though! The one I saw was white. I think they only did it for the first generation SHO's right?

Did they ever make Mondeo ST200's? I love the wheels on those babies!

Of course, the WRX comes in a wagon too

#54393 - 07/01/2002 14:23 Re: US Orders SHIPPING! [Re: mcomb]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Sorry, just doesn't do it for me. I never got sports sedans (granted I don't know which MB she has). [finds flame proof suit] Kinda like those Taurus SHOs, I mean what is the point anyway ;-)

Well of course not. Who'd want one of those silly sports sedans?

I have the ultimate sleeper: a Taurus SHO Station Wagon! (see attached picture) One of maybe a dozen in the whole world. Practically invisible to police, low-risk for theft, low-cost to insure. And while it wouldn't stay with Laura's Nova (at least not for the first quarter mile) it will run with Corvettes and BMWs and the like. (No, not Z06's and M3's and the like, give a break and maybe just a little bit of license to exaggerate here...)

tanstaafl.

Attachments
54362-showagon_multi.jpg (97 downloads)

#54394 - 07/01/2002 14:40 Re: US Orders SHIPPING! [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Wow! I SHO Wagon! I have seen a few of them around Dearborn, but always assumed it was another Ford "mule" or test car.

It is my understanding that Ford actually built two SHO wagons in 1991: a red one and a white one. The red one hit the show circuits and Car and Driver did a road test on it. The white one was more of a test mule. I don't know the ultimate fate of either of them.

The only ones I know of on the road are ones like mine where some lunatic swapped the parts from a wrecked SHO into a good wagon. I was able to find a little bit of the history of mine: the builder was a mechanic for a Ford dealership. Bought the wagon brand new, swapped out the interior and the power train, gave the car to his wife. I am the third owner of the car, bought it in New Hampshire for an absolutely unbelievable $1495, drove it to Alaska. ($1495 because (a) the owner had no idea of what he had -- just that it wasn't the "normal" engine; and (b) when he tried to trade it in on a mini-van the dealer wouldn't give him anything for it, because the dealer couldn't sell a car with the wrong engine and wrong transmission and wrong interior and God knows what else was wrong with it.)

tanstaafl.

#54395 - 07/01/2002 14:49 Re: US Orders SHIPPING! [Re: tanstaafl.]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Okay that woulud explain the lack of ground effects and the wrong wheels. The white one I saw was probably the mule you are refering to. It is at Ford's Proving Grounds in Dearborn, MI now. I saw a Miata with a V8 in it a month ago! I can't imagine it would handle too well, but reminded me a bit of the AC Cobra in concept! I also [italic]think[/italic] I saw what may have been the new Caddy built off of the next generation Corvette... (was too heavily camoflaged).

I also remember Ford stuffing the engine into a Windstar Minivan once and calling it the Shostar or something. Kinda funny. As if the Windstar wasn't unstable already!

#54396 - 07/01/2002 20:37 Re: US Orders SHIPPING! [Re: tanstaafl.]
Laura
pooh-bah

Loc: Greenhills, Ohio
My Nova isn't that fast tanstaafl. If you ever run it a quarter mile let me know your time and I will let you know if you beat mine or not. I get beat quite a bit really. The hoter you make them the more money they cost and I had a limit to the rebuild. But I still have fun and I have run into some guys who won't run against me but I think it is more they don't want a woman on the track more than that they thought I would beat them.

MKI #017/90

whatever

#54397 - 07/01/2002 21:02 Re: US Orders SHIPPING! [Re: Laura]
coolsi
stranger

I just received a tracking number for my order placed on dec 31th. The bad thing.....I'm going to vegas for the next 3 days. I just know it will arrive on thurs when I'm still in vegas. It looks like I will have to fight the masses at the pick-up center on friday. Thats's quite OK....I will have a new toy to play with when I get back. S/B uses the Express Saver right? How many days to arrival in most cases?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2