Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#552 - 15/09/1999 18:35 Newbie question
duranike
journeyman

How do i hook up my damn empeg to my home stereo system? What does the red and white wholes stand for and what would i attach them too?

#553 - 15/09/1999 20:26 Re: Newbie question [Re: duranike]
duranike
journeyman

ok, i jumped the gun. I assume red is right, black is left. Well i hooked it up but i cant see anything!!! I can only hear the music. What is going on???
Help.

#554 - 16/09/1999 03:32 Re: Newbie question [Re: duranike]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Eh?!!

The connectors on the back are for audio. The empeg operates normally (like it does when you have it plugged into your PC for uploading tunes).

What do you mean you can't see anything?

Hugo

#555 - 16/09/1999 07:03 Re: Newbie question [Re: altman]
duranike
journeyman

I dont understand. If i wanted to just play my empeg, i could hookit up just to a powersource and it would play? I have connected it to my pc with the powercable and the r2 whatever serial to my terminal. I have also hooked it up to my home stereo system with the power cable in and the aduio left and right hooked up to the 2 holes. Now, in either of the 2 i have seen nothing on the screen, nothing!! The only time anything happened was when i plugged it to my home steoro it played music. But i cant see anything.

#556 - 16/09/1999 07:59 Re: Newbie question [Re: duranike]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
Assuming you are using the empeg free-standing, you either need to plug the audio outputs (phono) into your hifi (probably phono inputs) or your input socket on the PC (probably 3.5 jack inputs?). The unit itself does not have a speaker, or an amplifier, and cannot play back without an amp.

When plugged in, if you can hear music, then you have probably not got a visual selected yet if you cannot see anything on screen. Either press the menu select button on the front panel (bottom button) and step through to "Next/Previous Visual" or the DPNS (?)key on the remote to step to the next one.

If this doesn't give you any visuals, then your unit's busted {8^(

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#557 - 16/09/1999 18:34 Re: Newbie question [Re: schofiel]
duranike
journeyman

Hugo please help. Im not seeing anything on my empeg screen at all, even when it boots up. Is there a problem with my empeg or maybe the beta software. When i tried syncronyzing it a small blue light in the bottom right came on for a sec. I can hear the thing spinning or something like every 15 seconds or something. Does it matter what software i run on it if it is a developer image. Could i have srcrewed up the screen by doing something to the code? Is my thing busted? If so, what is the quickest way for me to send it to you so i can get sent a new one? Is there a place in USA now in which i can send it too? Please help.
-Jordan

#558 - 17/09/1999 02:57 Technical Support [Re: duranike]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK

Can I just remind people...

In the USA tech support is available from [email protected] (1 800 769 9591)
For the rest of the world, use [email protected] (+44 1223 576 123)

This will get you a fast official response. We don't provide official support through this board, especially not warranty issues as these must be logged.

Rob