Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#56200 - 07/01/2002 19:40 YAHFR
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Yet Another Hijack Feature Request.

One of the niceest Hijack features from a usability standpoint for me has been the knob press redefinition, specifically the PopUp option which lets you select from a few options. I would like to see a couple tweaks to this feature, and one major feature addition.

The new addition would be the "Tweak Order" functions available with remote buttons 2, 3, 5, 6, and 8. I would love to see one or both of the following:
- add a new option to the knob-press definition for a "tweak order" menu, similar to the PopUp menu, which consists of menu items "Artist, Album, Genre, Year, Swap" Scroll the knob to pick one, and selecting it sends the appropriate numerical remote code.
- add that same tweak order menu as a sub-menu to the PopUp menu

Having it available in both places (as either the main menu when the knob is pressed, or as a sub-menu with in the PopUp menu) would, of course, be the best of both worlds.

The other thing that would make the PopUp menu more usable would be the ability to restrict certain items from being in the menu. For people who don't use certain features, for instance, I never use Repeat. Maybe in config.ini we allow the user to define a list of options that aren't in the popup menu.

Anyway I thought about this today when I heard a song I liked, and I wanted to hear another song from the same artist... And I realized there's no way to get that to happen without the remote... So why not make it available from the front-panel?

#56201 - 07/01/2002 19:53 Re: YAHFR [Re: tonyc]
Taym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Roma, Italy
I second that. Good idea!
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg