Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#57351 - 10/01/2002 03:57 Rio Riot & HSX-109 are in the TechTV best of CES finalists
number6
old hand

Loc: In The Village or sometimes: A...
According to this Press Release from TechTV the Rio Riot and the HSX-109 are both finalists in their categories for TechTVs best of CES2002.

While it remains to be seen how these products will do in the market place the stuff I am reading on Cnet and elsewhere indicates that both these products have got favourable press reviews so far.

Maybe SB has finally got the killer products for the mp3 market.
Hopefully if they have they will know how to market them better than they did with the RioCar.

If the HSX-109 gets an award then the ermpeg Guys can all take a bow for a job well done.
[For those that aren't aware, the same guys who did the RioCar/Empeg HW & SW also did the HSX-109 HW & SW].

I have to say, I'd like to own both these products but their current pricing is too high for me to consider.

Maybe once they are available in the 'retail channel' the street price will drop a bit and then it may be affordable.

#57352 - 10/01/2002 07:14 Re: Rio Riot & HSX-109 are in the TechTV best of CES finalists [Re: number6]
AlphaWolf
stranger

I was watching the Screen Savers on TechTV last night and they showed the RioRiot. I have to say that I'm not overly impressed. It looks very bulky and cumbersome. Although the features and display they have are pretty awesome. But until I get one in my hands, I think that the iPod is still the reigning champ.

#57353 - 10/01/2002 07:22 Re: Rio Riot & HSX-109 are in the TechTV best of CES finalists [Re: AlphaWolf]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Yeah, I've been thinking that it's pretty big. It's got alot to fit in there. Huge screen, FM tuner, etc. I don't really see a way that it could be the pocket size of the iPod or Archos products.

#57354 - 10/01/2002 08:22 Re: Rio Riot & HSX-109 are in the TechTV best of CES finalists [Re: Dignan]
lax
stranger

Loc: Austin, TX, USA
An FM tuner's not so large -- most of the better handhelds have it. My smallish Nomad II MG has one, and voice-recording capability to boot.
______________ Empeg Mk. 2 #626, 48Gb blue | Kenwood KMD-X92. 2000 VW Passat wagon.