Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#5836 - 24/08/1999 00:27 Remote Freedom!
jfranke

What would help me a lot: to have full control over the IR-buttons. E.g. i will probably never listen to radio - so i do not need the preset 1-9 buttons. What i really would like to control instead would be, to jump from a playlist to the next with just a keystroke. I mean, i organize my tracks in CD's, so i do have a playlist for each CD. That would give me the possibility to jump between my CD's. Thanks! AO

#5837 - 24/08/1999 05:18 Re: Remote Freedom! [Re: jfranke]
Kram
stranger

Loc: Cambridge, England
"Skip to next inner playlist" as I've been calling it and which as you say is like skipping to the next CD if you arrange your tracks as if the Empeg was one huge CD player is right up there at the top of the list I've been asking Hugo and co. to consider adding. I think the current status (as of last week when I was there picking up a second cradle) is that they will add it in a later beta release as a button on the remote and as a menu item, but probably not as a simple front panel button press as the buttons are overloaded as it is.

Cheers,

Mark.

#5838 - 24/08/1999 08:29 Re: Remote Freedom! (double clicking buttons...) [Re: Kram]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
I'm wondering if we need the ability to "double-click" the buttons, to get us another four functions...

__
Unit serial number 47 (was 330 in the queue)...

#5839 - 24/08/1999 09:17 Re: Remote Freedom! (double clicking buttons...) [Re: andy]
steve
stranger

Loc: Cambridge, UK
Double clicking is _not_ a good idea. I'm lucky if I can get my
normal radio to turn on one time out of two. It's one push for on,
one push for off, and it's just blind luck whether I hit the button
an odd or even number of times. Doing this on 4 buttons is going to
be a nightmare.
(The wired remote for the steering wheel looks ever more tempting...)

Steve.

(SN 35, list 134, _still_ think it's the wasps nipples)

#5840 - 24/08/1999 11:54 Remote options [Re: Kram]
Clarke
journeyman

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ USA
What about pressing two buttons on the remote at the same time? The Kenwood remote looks like the am/fm buttons are grouped. If they send a different code when both are pressed at the same time it would be easy to add that as skip to next playlist. I'd love that feature too.

=-Clarke

______________________________________ Queue 351, Mk I, 30GB Mk II #60000022 80gb, Blue - docked Mk2a, 80GB, Bruface, lighted buttons and dial

#5841 - 24/08/1999 14:20 Re: Remote Freedom! (double clicking buttons...) [Re: steve]
CHiP
enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey, USA
What's wrong with double clicking the unit's buttons, and not the remote's buttons?

-CHiP

#5842 - 24/08/1999 15:46 Re: Remote Freedom! (double clicking buttons...) [Re: steve]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
Double clicking is _not_ a good idea

It was a joke guys, I can't see it working either.

__
Unit serial number 47 (was 330 in the queue)...

#5843 - 25/08/1999 10:48 Re: Remote Freedom! (double clicking buttons...) [Re: andy]
mac
addict

I'm wondering if we need the ability to "double-click" the buttons, to get us another four functions...

Maybe we should get rid of all but one of the buttons and you can type in what you like at a command prompt using morse code. :-)

--
Mike Crowe
I may not be speaking on behalf of empeg above :-)

#5844 - 25/08/1999 10:50 Re: Remote Freedom! [Re: jfranke]
mac
addict

What would help me a lot: to have full control over the IR-buttons. E.g. i will probably never listen to radio - so i do not need the preset 1-9 buttons. What i really would like to control instead would be, to jump from a playlist to the next with just a keystroke. I mean, i organize my tracks in CD's, so i do have a playlist for each CD. That would give me the possibility to jump between my CD's.

The buttons have different uses in the different input modes so the only button that is wasted by not using the radio is the TUNER button.

There are lots of plans in this area. Keep your eye out for the release notes for future versions.

--
Mike Crowe

#5845 - 25/08/1999 10:52 Re: Remote options [Re: Clarke]
mac
addict

What about pressing two buttons on the remote at the same time? The Kenwood remote looks like the am/fm buttons are grouped. If they send a different code when both are pressed at the same time it would be easy to add that as skip to next playlist. I'd love that feature too.

Unfortunately they don't. Skip to next playlist will probably be available using some other mechanism in the future.

--
Mike Crowe